The Green Trust Suntemba is a solar energy kiosk that was opened on June 26, 2016 in Chalokwa, Zambia. The project was commissioned by KiloWatts for Humanity and GE We Share the Power, and is owned and operated by local NGO partner, Green Trust.
Read about the installation trip on our Chalokwa blog.
View the system performance and power produced on the Chalokwa data dashboard.
Click below to donate to this project!
Location: Chalokwa, Zambia
- Southern Province, 3.5 hour drive from Lusaka
- On the shores of the Zambezi River, downstream of Kariba Dam
- ~300 homes as well as five surrounding villages equate to ~2,000 people in this area
- Population of goat herders, farmers, and fishermen
- Solar home kits
- Refrigeration space for rent
- Cold drinks and frozen meat
- Battery charging
- Laptop services for the local school
We Share the Power video filmed at our 2015 installation site in Filibaba, Zambia: