This project is a joint partnership between KWH and GE Renewable’s We Share the Power. The kiosk was opened on June 26, 2016 and is currently serving the people of Chalokwa. We look forward to seeing the development of both the energy kiosk and the community!
Click below to donate to this project!
Location: Chalokwa, Zambia
- Southern Province, 3.5 hour drive from Lusaka
- On the shores of the Zambezi River, downstream of Kariba Dam
- ~300 homes as well as five surrounding villages equate to ~2,000 people in this area
- Population of goat herders, farmers, and fishermen
- Solar home kits
- Refrigeration space for rent
- Cold drinks and frozen meat
- Battery charging
- Laptop services for the local school
We Share the Power video filmed at our 2015 installation site in Filibaba, Zambia: